Great reads in this week’s marketing and social media round up. I kick it off with a post from a garage gym owner on using program ads. And make sure to hit #9 – quick and easy Facebook ideas to highlight your biz. Enjoy!
1. Why Program Ads? by Rick Daman. Rick, owner of Daman’s Strength Training garage gym, explains why he uses ads in school programs.
2. Do You Really Need to Plan Your Blogging? by Sarah Arrow. Good tips on “how, what, why and when” of blogging – especially the “who”. Hard to write good articles if you don’t know who you’re writing for.
3. Why Using Video In Your Blog Is A Good Idea by Joey Strawn. You don’t have to be perfect – just start! Using videos will help draw your audience in and keep them. And once you start you’ll keep getting better at it!
4. Stand By Your Brand: Cultivating Experience to Foster Brand Advocacy by Anna Papachristos. Your biggest fans will help you spread the word about your business – make sure you’re listening to them.
5. How To Reuse Your Content – Social Media Recycling Guide by John Banks. Great examples of how to use Flickr, Slideshare, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook to highlight parts of your free ebook to show your value and drive traffic back to your site.
6. The Absolute Worst Email Subject Lines by Christine Brady. Make sure you’re not guilty of any of these email subjects before sending out your next one!
7. Google Places vs Google Plus Local by Robert Gembarski. How Google+ Local works and how your business can benefit from it.
8. Everything You Need to Know About Twitter Lists by Bill Faeth. Good read on how to create and use Twitter lists to more effectively manage your Twitter feed and find the information you want more easily.
9. 3 Facebook Timeline Marketing Tips for Success by Sandra Forrest. Using pinning, highlighting and milestones to bring attention to your posts and business.
10. Listening: A Great Way to Market on Twitter by Matt McGee. Great example of how a business uses Twitter to listen for potential customers.
What are you planning to try out from this list? Or what do you already do that’s on the list? Drop a comment and let us know.