This week I was lucky enough to find posts by two fitness professionals. Always nice to hear from your peers instead of marketing people all the time. I also included an article about Nike’s social marketing to show how bigger brands are using it to stay relevant.
Due to a string of unplanned coincidences, in one week I had my book published on Amazon, an article in Fitness Professional Online and my email marketing presentation went up on MovementLectures.com. I wanted to let you know up front why it seemed I was taking over the weekly round up
1. Does Your Business Facebook Page Really Matter by Allison Boyer. Great article on understanding what your Facebook business page is and isn’t good for and tips on what types of posts to use.
2. So You Want to Be A Fitness Professional by Tony Gentilcore. Must-read post if you’re a current fitness professional or looking to become one. Tony continues the conversation in the comments section of his post so definitely check it out.
3. 10 Tips for Aspiring Fitness Writers by Jeremey DuVall. Great tips if you want to extend your fitness brand with writing.
Disclaimer: the author plugs my book at the end (with a non-affiliate link!). Even if he didn’t I would recommend these tips since they’re from an established fitness writer.
4. Social Marketing Practiced by Nike is Fast, Furious by Allan Brettman. Article on brands creating on-demand social marketing campaigns by responding to current sports events such as the NCAA Final Four tournament and the Super Bowl.
5. This Super Local Brooklyn Whole Foods Will Have a 20,000-Square-Foot Rooftop Greenhouse by Ariel Schwartz. Great example of two businesses partnering that may not have been so obvious. Reading it may spark partnering ideas for your business.
6. Email Marketing for Fitness Professionals by Lisa Shaughnessy. My presentation on email marketing. It covers the benefits of email marketing, how to get started, the types of emails and ideas for newsletters and opt-in bonuses.
7. Engaged Marketing: Sales by Doug Borwick. Very good article on how community engagement is the first step to creating effective marketing messages. This quote sums up why I like this article so much, “We must think like the people we want to reach if we want to succeed.”
8. A Fresh Perspective for Your Fitness Business by Lisa Shaughnessy. Good tips on using your hobbies, meeting people outside your industry, going on vacation and other activities to give you new ideas for your business and training programs.
9. How to Grow Your Email List With Facebook Promotions by Mike Gingerich. Great article on how to use Facebook contests and other promotions to build your email list. Includes screenshots for each example. Make sure to scroll down to the comments section – more good info and tips there!
10. How to Know if You’re Spread too Thin in Social Media by Jay Baer. You know you shouldn’t be on every social network, but do you know if you’re on the right ones? This article includes a test that will help you find out.
I’d love to hear from you so please leave a comment on which article is the most helpful for you or what other types of articles you’d like to see in the weekly marketing and social media round ups