Facebook, once again, is changing things and needs our attention so there are three articles devoted to it. Also great articles on blog post titles, branding and using video in your marketing.
Before we get to those, the first article is from Eric Cressey’s blog. It’s not a marketing post, but it’s charity worth supporting so I wanted to highlight it here.
Check all of this week’s articles out.
1. Fitness Feeds: A Collaborative Upcycling Effort for Charity by Eric Cressey. Article on how to donate your used electronics to help feed hungry families. Please support this worthy cause organized by Eric Cressey, Roman and Ben Bruno.
2. Facebook Changes Cover Image Restrictions (Again) by Adam Rosenberg. You can have calls to action and pricing again on Facebook cover images, but they need to be limited to 20% text. The full scoop in this article.
3. How to Set Up a Facebook Page for Business by Andrea Vahl. If you don’t know how to set up a Facebook business page this article has the information you need.
Warning: Salesy plug – once you have your business page set up check out my Facebook Profiles for Business Tutorial to make sure you fill out your information to highlight your fitness expertise.
4. Facebook Rolls Out Replies and Threaded Comments… by Ingrid Lunden. As of last week, Facebook business pages and personal profiles with more than 10,000 followers got the threaded reply feature turned on. Check out the article for more info.
Most people were notified by a banner at the top of their page. If you didn’t get the notification here’s how to turn the reply feature on
5. Twitter Adds Ability to Embed Vines on Any Website by Mary C. Long. Good tips on embedding Vines, those 6 second videos you see on Twitter, on your website.
6. How to Put Social Share Buttons in Your Emails by Amanda Gagnon. If you use Aweber check out this article.
7. Four Reasons Why Blog Post Titles Matter by John Haydon. Good tips on the fundamentals of creating blog post titles.
8. The Secret Guide to Video and SEO by Josh Hardwick. Lots of great info on using video. Includes examples and screenshots.
9. Brands and the Power of Crazy Ideas by Thomson Dawson. In the hyper-competitive fitness industry have you thought of a “crazy idea” that sets you apart? Great article on doing just that.
10. Your Complete Guide To Mastering Your Title Tags by Stoney deGeyter. Great tips on web page title tags. Good screenshots and helpful explanations.