I kick off this week’s round up with a great article on YouTube and why you should be using video. Also check out number 7 for great video tips. Email marketing, branding and using social media effectively are also in this week’s informative articles that can help you in your biz. Happy reading!
1. Why You Need to Take YouTube Seriously in 2013 by Francisco Rosales. This is a pretty comprehensive article on YouTube. It includes a short case-study of where YouTube is filling the gaps left by companies; 11 reasons to use YouTube; online video stats and a cool infographic that shows the reach of YouTube content.
2. Email Marketing: 5 Ways to Generate Immediate Sales by Carolyn Nye. Key, actionable points on using email marketing for sales.
3. Don’t Make Customers Pay for Your Digital Marketing Mistakes by Jennifer Shaheen. Your social network profiles and content affect how people view your business. This article offers tips on making sure you present a good online image.
4. How to Drive Traffic From Facebook (and Other Social Networks) to Your Website by Matt Southern. Your website is your online home base where prospective customers learn more about you, your services and products. Make sure you’re using your social networks to drive them back there.
5. How to Use Hashtags in Your Social Media Marketing by Rachel Sprung. Been awhile since I found a good post on using hashtags. Good info here on how to use hashtag and when.
6. 8 Twitter Best Practices by Rachel Strella. Basic Twitter etiquette that can never be shared enough. Please read and pass to others.
7. 5 Online Video Mistakes That Make You Look Like a Rookie by Maria Brilaki. Been wondering about using video? Read this article with some helpful getting started tips.
8. Social Media & Communities: Is There a Right or Wrong Way? by Vertical Response. Love this article on building social media numbers versus building relationships and communities using social media.
9. 30 Terrible Pieces of Social Media Advice You Should Ignore by Ellie Mirman. Great read on the main things you hear people saying about using social media for your biz. You’ll notice the theme for most of the advice is moderation in your strategies – go too far to any extreme and you won’t be successful.
10. Brand Management: How to Be a Great Brand Leader by Graham Robertson. Whether your business is you doing personal training, online coaching or you have a facility with staff, managing your brand is important.
Any thoughts on these articles? Which one was your favorite or gave you new information? Leave a comment and let me know.