I love it when I find marketing, social media or business articles by fitness professionals that I can share because I know you like hearing how your peers are navigating the crazy world of marketing and social media. This week I was lucky to find three!
1. Social Media Lessons I Am Learning As A New Bloggie by Caroline Earle. Good info on using BufferApp to schedule your posts plus other social media insights from a personal trainer’s point of view.
2. 3 Keys to a Successful Fitness Website by Mike Robertson. Really good tips on how fitness pros can set up their website, start blogging and use other social media platforms like Facebook and Google+.
3. Live Blog: Attracting Local Media & Finding Success as a Freelance Writer Presentation and Q&A with Carla Birnberg (aka MizFitOnline). Transcript of a presentation given by Carla at FitBloggin’ 12 a few weeks ago on how to land freelance writing gigs.
4. Twitter Rolls Out Cover Photos: How to Add Yours Today by Corey Eridon. Setting up your new Twitter design complete with screenshots to walk you through it.
5. How Likeability Impacts Marketing Success by Patricia Redsicker. Good review of Likeonomics with some good commentary on likeability and marketing added in.
6. Behind Every Great Blogger is an Even Greater Voice by Martin Osborn. Good read if you’re struggling with your blog or are thinking of starting one for your biz.
7. Twitter’s Dream Metric is Not Followers – It’s How Many People Saw Your Tweet by Shea Bennett. Interesting point by Twitter co-founder that it’s better to track your retweets rather than number of followers.
8. Some Facebook Pages Losing Thousands of Likes as Fake Profiles Deleted by Jon Loomer. Even if this doesn’t affect you, it’s good to keep up with what Facebook is doing since it’s probably a major part of your online marketing strategy.
9. Shaq, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Sports Leagues Adapt To Shifts in Social Media To Build Brand Power by Alicia Jessop. Good ideas from how sports figures and teams are using social media.
What articles did you like this week? What topics would you like covered in future round ups?